University of Minnesota


During their time at the University it is possible that your student may need to access professional assistance to deal with problems related to stress, anger, depression, anxiety, and other issues.  The University of Minnesota, Twin Cities, offers a number of services to assist students with these and other mental health challenges. 


Counseling services are available at Boynton Health Service’s Mental Health Clinic and Student Counseling Services.  In addition, students with psychiatric disabilities can receive support and assistance at Disability Resource Center.  Both Boynton and UCCS sponsor a number of support groups for various issues including anxiety and eating disorders.

If your student was receiving professional mental health assistance prior to attending the University and they would like to continue to receive assistance, they should contact either Boynton Health Service’s Mental Health Clinic or University Counseling and Consulting Services to facilitate a successful transition.

While at the University it is possible that your student may be dealing with issues such as depression, stress, alcohol misuse, and other concerns.  You can find information that will help you to support them at Assisting Students in Distress.

Connecting with the Parent & Family Program

If you are concerned about your student, there are resources on campus to support you and to help you find the best ways to help your student. The Parent & Family Program (PFP) staff is available to help you think through any concerns you have about your student's experience, leverage the best resources on campus, and help you navigate the university to best support your student. Contact the Parent & Family Program at 612-626-8770 or via email at

Twin Cities Campus: